Saturday, May 2, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy, Ride, Busy

Buying a home takes up a lot of your free time...go figure.

I have had maybe half a dozen 'idle moments' over the past 3-4 weeks, it has been straight out for a while now. But things are starting to mellow out (kinda) and I have been able to intersperse some riding in between yard work, unpacking and the ole 9 to 5.

We have already had a few NEMBA group rides this year and the trails in the area are in great shape right now. It's been real dry so far this Spring and the trails are nice and grippy. This morning I snagged a chance to get out for a ride at Harold Parker down in Andover before I had to pick up Gina's dad at the airport in Manch.

Amazingly I was able to convince 3 other dudes to hit trail at 730am. Me, Shaun, Ben and Jake got in about 7 miles of very sweet technical terrain, most of which I had never ridden at HP. That place is huge and there is still lots of stuff I have yet to check out. Ben is getting a good handle on the layout now and we are thinking a full day epic is in order. 15-20 miles of non stop awesome.

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8129719

Be on the lookout for posts to increase in the near future. I forsee myself continuing with the busy theme but rides will be increasing and the race season is fast approaching, the new manarea needs to get set up (its going to be RIDICULOUS), and homebrewing will be back in effect now that the move is done.

Summer '09 is gonna be a doozy, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment