Wednesday, November 16, 2011

URT Single Speed!

Unbelievably Ridiculous Trek?



Something like that. I have to reserve a lot of judgement in this post for now because my only experience on this bike so far is on the stand and standing over it and doing track stands in the shed.  But its complete!  And I like the way it feels right now (other than the fact that suspension feels all wrong to me now)

The setup feels 'solid' and the fit seems like it should at least work for me.  26ers officially feel like clown cars to me now as well which will take some getting used to.  I am really pleased with the DMR STS tensioner so far, again it hasn't been field tested at all yet but it was a snap to install and dial in.  It practically dialed itself in and its adequately smooth and actually pretty quiet as well and the red roller matches the color scheme of the bike which is just a bonus.


I was able to at the very least test how the tension would react as the suspension did its thing and we are good to go.  Unfortunately it is raining tonight otherwise I would have ridden it around the yard.  I am hoping to sneak in a ride at Franklin Falls this weekend to see how everything performs on trail and I'll have a full report on all the pros and cons of my newest creation.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/17/2011

    What are you running for gearing? 36:18? "Clown cars" - I love that description. Looking forward to reading about how it rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my girlish legs with have issues consistently turning a 36-18. 32-18 for now. Spin to win!

    ReplyDelete