Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whiskey Beer Bread

Using my beer to make bread? Why didn't I think of this before?! Dustin found a handy little mix for making beer bread this past weekend. Recipe calls for Lager beer but I said screw that and went with an Ale with whiskey in it...to each his own.

Process is very simple, put the dry mix in a bowl, add 12 ounces of beer mix it together for 20-30 secs. Put it in the oven at 375 for 50 mins and BOOM! Beer Bread.

I wasn't sure how this was going to come out because of how blatantly I ignored the recommended beer but I tried it yesterday and it is delicious. I will probably have to repeat this process for many of my batches, its just too easy not to.


This is all you need


No, one of the cats did not pee on it...thats melted butter.


DONE!

3 comments:

  1. was it good, could u taste the beer at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good...you could taste beer but it was very subtle. Just enough to add flavor but not overpower things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats sounds awesome im gonna have to try that

    ReplyDelete