Tuesday, June 3, 2008

EFTA NECS '08 #2 Bear Brook Blast Off

Due to some land use issues EFTA had to cancel the Sterling Sizzler (which I had scheduled for) and instead of completely ditching the Championship Series race they decided to use the Bear Brook Blast Off (which had just been a fun race, not part of the series) as the new NECS #2.

This kinda sucked for me because I had already booked myself that weekend for some white water rafting on the Deerfield River in MA as part of Voss' bachelor party. The rafting was really cool though and I am really glad I went.


Not a bad alternative to racing bikes

Shaun is scared

Boom, for real

I have read some race reports around on blogs and team sites and the race sounds like it was really fun and a very fast course. I hope they continue with this venue next year, it looked like the promoter knew her stuff and had things very well organized and Bear Brook is very close to my house compared to all the other races.

There was a very large SS class for this race...13 finishers. Probably the second largest finishing field I have seen in SS, maybe since Bradbury last year. This probably helped me out a bit because it spread the points out. Right now I am sitting in 10th with 130 points and only two people have shown up at both races and scored points so a lot of the people in front of me are 'within striking distance'.

Next race is June 22nd up in Biddeford. I'm hoping to race well there but I will be coming off of the B2B ride the weekend prior and I don't know how fast my legs will recover from a 143 mile effort in one day. Guess I'm about to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment